|What is content management?
The accuracy and speed in which content can be made available on a web site plays a large role in it's value.
Instead of dealing with the technical side of web development programming, which is the usual method used when adding content to a particular page of a site, a Content Management System can be setup to efficiently update the site with ease when it is required.
By placing the control of the content in the hands of your business experts instead of your technical team your company will be able to achieve your business objectives through the site more effectively.
Benefits of content management
• No prior knowledge of the internet or web site development is required.
• Content can be created easily using generic office software and easily published using the CMS.
• Content can be managed by the non-technical employees who are experts in that field, no technical jargon is involved.
• Drag/Drop envoiroment makes it easy to add new pages or edit existing content.
• A workflow procedure can be developed ensuring that submitted pages are aproved by executives.
• A Content Management System will save costs through rationalised resource utilisation.
• Increase shelf life
The shelf life of a web site is typically between 2 and 4 years. When a site is initially built it remains the same for a few years until it is decided that a redesign is required.
The web site is discarded and a new site is developed. This redesign may have been avoided if a Content Management System had been in place. By using a database-driven CMS that takes advantage of a templating engine, the site could be incrementally changed to suit the newest internet trends instead of requiring a full web redesign.
Another benefit of a database-driven Content Management System is that content can be archived and still be publically available (even though a new site has been developed and launched). This will contribute to Search Engine Optimisation and can act as a resource incase old content is ever needed at later dates.
To eliminate innacurate or contradictory content being published to your live website, a workflow procedure can be put in place. This will require approval by moderators before content is sent to your live site.
The benefits of workflow automation include cost reduction, improved operational efficiencies, clinical error reduction, improved patient care, better communication and collaboration and real time audit of processes.
Contact us today to walk through a demo of our Content Management System you'll be amazed at just how easy it is!